"A man on his knees can never fall from that position."
-- Larry Stockstill
At Highlands Church, we believe in prayer! We also believe that fervent, heart-felt prayer is key to leading people to Christ and essential to what we do as a Church. We believe that we would not have seen lives changed or experienced supernatural growth without being a church that values prayer. We would love for you to join us in this effort. When people pray, lives are changed!
"The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results." (James 5:16)
Our strategy for prayer is found in Nehemiah 4:10. Nehemiah decided to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem, and his first task was to "Tour the Wall" to see the areas that needed work. However, the people rebuilding the wall could not work effectively because they had to stop work to defend from invaders. Here is the solution that Nehemiah devised: every worker had a personal protector. When Nehemiah implemented his plan, the wall was repaired in 52 days!
The concept for the Highlands Church Prayer Team Ministry is this same principle of protection. We have many Dream Team members who are working to help others and also require many Prayer Team members to provide spiritual protection for them.
Prayer Ministry Opportunities
We would love for you to be involved in praying with us! If you are interested in any of the options below, please email us.
- Service Prayer: Prayer and intercession before our 9:30 Sunday service.
- Weekly Prayer Group: Praying for our city and our Sunday services on one evening during the week from 7:00-8:00 pm.
- 21 Days of Prayer: In January, we host a special, three-week emphasis on prayer through daily prayer meetings and personal fasting; we want to start the new year off by dedicating the first part to God.
- 7 Days of Prayer: In August, we host a special week emphasis on prayer through daily prayer meetings; this helps us break out of the summer and get re-focused on the harvest.
How to join the Prayer Team
- Complete the Growth Track.
- Complete the Dream Team application.