DISCUSSION STARTER QUESTIONS FOR GROUPS
Lead-In Questions are simple, non-threatening questions that everyone in your Small Group can answer.
When you start off your Small Group discussion with an easy go-around question, it allows everyone to speak at a comfortable level and helps them to be more open to sharing later on in the discussion.
Always establish in your group that discussion questions are “answer-at-your-own-comfort-level” and no one is ever forced to share. If someone is not comfortable answering a question, a simple “pass” is a perfectly acceptable answer and that person should never be pressured to share.
- Where does everyone work?
- Where did you grow up?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What is one unique thing about you that you would like to share with the group?
- What is your favorite kind of food?
- What is your favorite thing to do in your down time?
- What’s your favorite season and what do you love about it?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What is your favorite holiday and what do you love about it?
- What is your favorite weekend activity?
- The electricity goes out for 24 hours, how would you spend it?
- What is your favorite city you’ve ever visited? What did you enjoy about it?
- If you could go on vacation anywhere, where would you go?
Highlands Story Questions
- How long have you attended Highlands?
- How did you find out about Highlands?
- What is your favorite thing about Highlands so far?
This or That
- Do you prefer a good book by a cozy fire or crisp mountain air on a morning hike?
- Are you a night owl or a morning person?
- Do you vacation for relaxation or adventure?
- What is your favorite movie?
- If you could be anyone in the world for a week, who would you be and why?
- If you could have VIP tickets to any concert, what band would be playing and who would open for them?
- What’s your favorite music playlist right now?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, what would be your top 3 choices?
- Who is someone that you admire? What characteristics do they possess that you see as admirable?
- If you were given everything you needed to start your own business, what would it be?
- If you were famous for something, what would it be?
- If you could be paid to do anything, what would it be?
- If you could solve one problem in the world, what would it be?
- If you had to teach a class on something, what would you teach?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?