BUILDING COMMUNITY IN YOUR SMALL GROUP
Here at Highlands Church, We Do Life Together! Small Groups are where you can do just that. As a Small Group Facilitator, you lead the way in building community among your group.
The best way to build a strong community in your group is to create a culture of family-like support throughout the week, not just during the time frame that your group meets together. Below are some opportunities that you can build community with your group outside of your normal meeting times.
Connect with your Small Group
Create opportunities for your group to connect outside of your weekly discussion times. Here are some ideas:
- Attend a service together on Sunday
- Grab lunch together after a Sunday service
- Grab a meal together any time
- Go to the movies together
- Have a picnic in the park or go for a walk
- Craving a coffee or ice cream? Invite your group to join!
- Grill out at your house and have a potluck
- Have a bonfire and s’mores
- Have a game night
Small Groups That Serve Together, Stay Together
A great way to get to know each other personally and build camaraderie among your group is to serve together! Here are some upcoming opportunities to serve together this season.
FIRST SATURDAY SERVE DAY - leaving from Highlands Church at 9am the 1st Saturday of the month.